11/02/2010

Former President George Bush's Worst Moment Was Being Called A Racist By Kanye West


You read that right. Former President George H.W. Bush said in an upcoming NBC interview that the worst moment in his presidency was being referred to as a racist by entertainer Kanye West. Although Kanye's actual words were "George Bush doesn't like Black people", which were expressed during a telethon for Hurricane Katrina relief, George Bush felt that it meant the same as being called a racist. "I didn't appreciate it then. I don't appreciate it now. It's one thing to say, "I don't appreciate the way he's handled his business." It's another thing to say, "This man's a racist." I resent it, it's not true, and it was one of the most disgusting moments in my Presidency."

I am sure many of us would agree that his administration's handling of the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, the Iraq war and 9/11 were more disgusting than some words that felt accurate during a catastrophic time in our country's history.

Read more at HUFFINGTONPOST

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails