8/21/2010

Haiti Council Rules Wyclef Jean Ineligible For Presidential Run


From HUFFINGTONPOST:

Singer Wyclef Jean's high-profile bid for Haiti's presidency ended after election officials on the earthquake-ravaged Caribbean nation disqualified his candidacy. The Haitian-American hip-hop star expressed disappointment at the late Friday ruling, but called on his followers to act "peacefully and responsibly."

"Though I disagree with the ruling, I respectfully accept the committee's final decision, and I urge my supporters to do the same," the former Fugees frontman said in a statement. "I want to assure my countrymen that I will continue to work for Haiti's renewal; though the board has determined that I am not a resident of Haiti, home is where the heart is – and my heart has and will always be in Haiti."

Read more HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails