6/30/2010

MUSIC TECH: Ableton Live Tutorial for Producers Used To Hardware Sequencing



I’m a hardware guy at heart…

It took me many years to move over to software. Reason being, most of it just didn’t “flow” like I wanted. The instruments and plugins have been high quality for a while, but I hadn’t found a sequencer good enuff to replace my mpc. An environment to bring all my production together in a way that works for me.

My boy Pierre had been using ableton for years, and kept telling me about it, but I never got down. Until I actually tried it, and he showed me the layout…then it made sense. This video shows how I understand ableton as a user raised on and comfortable with hardware. I truly feel that when you see this, if you’re a hardware dude…you’ll be like me and feel ableton is the only daw that works how you think.

Let me know what you think, and let me know if you have any questions.

No this isn’t the only way to use ableton, it’s the way that makes the most sense to me…and when I share it with others like me, the hardware dudes…they finally “get it”.

Originally posted HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails